Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A night out!

Last night I went out with some friends from Hawaii that have also moved to Scottsdale. We didn't go clubbing or anything but just went to eat pizza and tiramisu and have a glass of wine. It was nice to catch up and hear what's going on in their lives and plans for making money over here.


We went to Grimaldi's Pizzeria. The atmosphere was nice. Suspended from the ceiling were empty wine bottles with lights inside, hanging at different lengths and heights. I had seen DIYs of that on Pintrest and was never that interested, until last night. It gave the place a nice cozy feeling with a hint of sophistication.


The girls weren't hungry but I had been waiting all day for this and had only had breakfast. Well, actually it was left over enchiladas from the night before but I ate them for breakfast. Regardless, I had heard about this place from a few people and I was excited.


This pizza place doesn't have a lot of "special pizzas" where you order and it comes with all this stuff on top. There were three options and a list of toppings to pick from. What I ordered was the pesto pizza and added mushrooms and ricotta cheese.

It was delicious! The crust was thin but not limp, crispy but not like a cracker and baked in the coal fired brick oven but not burnt.

It was nice to get out and talk to some ladies my age about all kinds of things. One thing that Jen and I have in common is that we both blog. Her blog is more artsy than mine. I am not a very artsy person in general. People think that I am but I think I am more crafty. As in crafts and being skillful but I'm not an underhanded person who schemes evilly. Anyways, back to the topic. She does calligraphy, cards and painting. Here is a piece of her art.


Go check out her blog at Jennylovelee.

No comments:

Post a Comment