Sunday, July 22, 2012

What I have learned from MyFitnessPal

I have been having a hard time lately being able to post. My computer is hooked up to the TV and it is always being watched. It will be easier to post when I get to New York. The computer will have its own place in my own place. It will be nice.

My weight loss competition will end in 6 days. I am really excited about this. I am doing pretty good. As of last Saturday I was in 3rd place and I am curious to see where I stand this week. Well, besides losing 27 lbs these past almost 3 months I have seen through my phone app MyFitnessPal where I have been lacking in my nutrition.

I want to start a series on my blog about the different nutrients we need in our diets. I personally dislike taking pills so I want to adjust my diet to accomidate these nutrients. I will start off by talking about the things that I have noticed that I ate too much of and the things I havent been getting enough of.


I will talk about sugar, pottasium, iron, calcuim, protien and maybe more. I keep learning more and more as I progress in my journey to getting healthy and I want to share it with you.

When I first started to use this app I didn't care where my calories came from but that I was staying under my allotment. As I started consistently logging my calories and seeing what had more calories for smaller portions of food I began to make better choices in what I put in my body. I want my body to get the proper nutrients and I am starting to learn that I can eat them and expand my taste buds and have fun doing it all.






No comments:

Post a Comment