Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Siren's Cafe


Aleks and I just got back from a road trip. We went to go see my family. I had looked into flying but the prices were too outrageous because it was around spring break. I had miles through Delta and it covered our rental car for a week! So this was a better deal for us.

We wanted to eat at as many good places along the way as we could and of course there were places I wanted to take him in my home town. So I will call this series Eating from AZ to CA.

We went on google maps and found the fastest route to my mom's house then tried to find an awesome place a few hours from our house. I searched for Diners Drive-ins and Drives in those areas and we were having a hard time. Aleks was at the Drs. and found a magazine that had Arizona's 15 best restaurants for 2012 in it.

One of the places on that list was Siren's Cafe. They are a mom and pop place. Well actually a mom and daughter place. This place is located in Kingman, AZ. It is really close to the borders of CA and NV. We changed our route to accommodate this location and am glad we did.


It was really cute inside. We went for lunch. Looking at the menu before we left online was helpful in that we had an idea of what we wanted to get. We saw that they made their own ricotta cheese and I wanted to make sure that I got a sanwich with that creamy goodness in it. Aleks saw that they had copacola there and he wanted a sandwich with that in it cuz he never had that before.


They also had options for sides. Homemade lemon pasta salad and homemade potato salad. They also had chips but we went for the salads. We got one of each so we could try them both. They were both good for thier own reasons. The potato salad was creamy but bot too rich and the lemon pasta salad had good flavor but could have used a little bit more salt.

                         

 Aleks got the La Rocco sandwich, he loved it. It had coppacola, salami, homemade ricotta, provolone, roasted red peppers, and Italian dressing on Italian bread. It was very Italian tasting with the copacola and salami.


I built my own sandwich. I got roast beef, homemade riccota, all the veggies plus avocado with the artichoke spread on Italian bread. It was amazing. The roasted red peppers, sprouts and avaocado made the sandwich so flavorful. I absolutely loved the ricotta in there as well. It was a very good sandwich.


We got the chocolate cheesecake  with strawberries. It was not my favorite part of the meal but it was nice to see a restaurant making thier own cheesecake insead of going to Costco and selling thiers.

I
t was a wonderful experience there at Siren's Cafe. At the end of this trip we went to another sandwich shop up in my hometown but they were very different types of sandwiches but both good in thier own way. I will write about that later on in this blogging series, Eating from AZ to CA.

1 comment:

  1. This excellent website truly has all of the information and facts I wanted
    about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    my homepage :: how to lose weight quick

    ReplyDelete